Sawant is the Speaker of the Goa Legislative Assembly. He is an MLA from Sankhalim in North Goa.
Pramod Sawant completed his graduation in Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery degree(BAMS) from the Ganga Education Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College , Rankalaves Dudhali, Kolhapur,Maharashtra & completed his postgraduate degree in Master of Social Work from the Tilak Maharashtra University at Pune.
Pramod Sawant father name is Pandurang Sawant and mother name is Padmini Sawant. He married to Sulakshana, she is professionally a teacher at Shri Shantadurga Higher Secondary School in Bicholim.
Pramod Sawant became the Chief Minister of Goa after the death of Manohar Parrikar, Manohar Parrikar was suffering from the pancreatic cancer; On 17 March 2018 he died in Goa Medical College and Hospital, Panaji, Goa, India.
Interesting and unknown facts about Pramod Sawant
1. Pramod Sawant is the Indian politician, Speaker of the Goa Legislative Assembly since 22 March, 2017. He is an MLA from Sanquelim constituency in North Goa and is a member of BJP. He is also an Ayurvedic doctor by profession.
2. He was born on 24 April, 1973. His father name is Pandurang and mother’s name is Padmini. His hometown is at Kothambi, Pale, Bicholim Goa.
3. He has done his Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery degree from the Ganga Education Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College , Rankalaves Dudhali, Kolhapur,Maharashtra.
4. He has completed his post graduation degree in Master of Social work from the Tilak Maharashtra University.
5. His wife name is Sulakshana and is a teacher of chemistry at the Shri Shantadurga Higher Secondary school in Bicholim.
6. Do you know that Sulakshana Sawant is a leader of Bharatiya Janta and current President of the Goa unit of the BJP Mahila Morcha.
7. He likes reading books written by reputed social activists. His hobby is also doing social work for the backward and downtrodden classes and also to meet people.
8. Let us tell you that when Pramod Sawant was elected as Goa assembly speaker he won 20 votes against 15 for Congress legislator Aleixo Reginaldo.
9. He twitted about Manohar Parrikar that he is a statesman, guide, architect of modern Goa and a fatherly figure who has left for the heavenly abode.